I offer the following core services to help from planning through to commissioning to ensure that the equipment design is appropriate,
hygienic and easy to use, and installed correctly.
- Advice on choice of brewing and packaging equipment, both new and second hand.
- Brewery equipment lay-out, piping and associated necessary services.
- Contacts with suppliers of raw materials, cleaning agents and brewing equipment.
- Recipe formulation.
- Commissioning of brewing and packaging plant plant, inclusing trial brews and packaging runs.
- Training staff to operate the brewery, and perhaps more importantly, underlying theoretical knowledge.
- Technical support to help ensure quality and consistency are maintained.
Where equipment is already in use, but perhaps not performing as well are expected, I can audit, make recommendations and help implement these,
for example -
- Extract and turnaround times
- Carbonation systems
- Cleaning, both manual and CIP (Cleaning In Place)
- Fining and filtration processes, both for gases and liquids (water, beer, cider)
- Shelf life improvement
- Oxygen control